whatis the best help for non - veteran PTSD?
I am typing for Bygy,  He was traumatized at age 22 when mother was brutaly set a fire while the family was sleep.  Bygy found the burning bbody and put her out.  He has developed sleep apnea and Narcolepsy.  Major depression under control a little w/ respridone finally after trying a lot.  use to nod on and off all day.  depresion med helped but he is still not able to work.  he has been diagnosed, Pervasive development disorder, speech iand communication defect.  depression.  ADD, Avoidance personality, cannot tolerate ANarcolepsy medication, it makes his tongue swell and throat close up.  He hate to talk about his illness and will not discuss themn with the doctor.  What can he do to help hisself.  I have been writting letters to his doctors to show what i observed.  he did not know that he nod off and on all day.  he must be in denial.  When he go to the doctor, he tries to take some kind of med to perk up so they will not wee him nod.  he keep getting turned down for SSD.  What can we do?  please?  vivian hood and Bygy Boggus ag 49.  black male, 220 lbs 6'3"
I am so sorry your friend has had these trials it does sound as if he needs some further specialised care, he has to get to the point where he wants to get help, first step is talking about it even to you, it could be his meds that make him sleep during the day, the Doctor would be the one to change the dose or change the Med, until you can get him to accept and get more help from a therapist all you can do is talk to him ,be there for him.There may be others here with more ideas to help him, you could also post this on the Expert Doctor Forums.there is a mental health forum,Good luck