?
I have leg pain that travels from one leg to another. my feet hurt & sometimes feel as if they are burning so bad that I can't step on them.I had an MRI they said I have a pinched sacroiliac I'm 80 years old. they have given me injections several times now with no relief what is it that I could have?
Your doctor was probably right. Injections do not always work. I would suggest going back to doctor and checking to see what other pain medications you could try. There are also several therapies that help. These include physical therapy, acupuncture, chiropractic, aqua, and several more. Also changing your mattress or putting on a topper may help alleviate some of the pain. There is nothing that helps the burning really. Sorry I can't be of more help. Best of luck to you.

Sissie
Hello and Welcome to the Pain Management Forum

I am so sorry to hear about your pain. I am not sure what a "pinched sacroiliac" means. Could they have said that you sciatic nerve is pinched? Your sacroiliac is actually a joint, SIJ (sacroiliac joint). The sacroiliac joint or SI joint is the joint in the bony pelvis between the sacrum and the ilium of the pelvis, which are joined together by strong ligaments.

So did they say you have sacroiliac joint issues... or sciatica nerve compression? If you have sacroiliac joint dysfunction it can be a life long issue with pain. There are some treatments that may help alleviate the pain. I have SIJD, the D stand for Dysfunction. Could your physician have meant that?

They do injections directly into the joint, usually with fluoroscopic guidance. I've had several and they have not been effective for me. It's no longer considered a reliable treatment but is a good diagnostic tool. Indeed some insurance will not pay for this procedure more than one time. But if this is not your problem I don't want to bore you with unneeded and probably unwanted information.

If you can clarify your information it may be helpful in our suggestions. I'll look forward to hearing more from you.

Take Care,
~Tuck