Pain Management Community
Anti-CCP
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Anti-CCP

what is the normal level of ANTI CCP MY RESULTS SAID WEEK POSITIVE WHAT THE MEANING OF THIS ?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
547368_tn?1332173665
Hi Mick,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am glad that you found us and took the time to post....but sorry to hear that you must be experiencing chronic pain.

Anti-CCP, which stands for anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibody, is a new and exciting blood test to help doctors confirm a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis.

If your test results were positive it could mean that you have RA (rheumatoid arthritis). I assume like any other test this one needs additional documentation for a true diagnosis. However, if I understand it correctly, at the least this test is telling you that there is an inflammatory condition within your system that is showing up in your blood levels.

I hope this was helpful. Best of luck to you and please let us know what your physician has to say.

Take Care,
~Tuck
Blank
547368_tn?1332173665
Hi Again Mick,

I felt I should have provided more information for you. So I did some reading on this new test and wanted to share it with you. I was able to find documented evidence to my suspicion that this does not positively say you have RA.

From a trusted website: "The rheumatoid factor is more common in rheumatoid arthritis patients, many patients with a positive test (Anti-CCP) do not have rheumatoid arthritis. Furthermore, the presence of the rheumatoid factor has less prognostic significance than the CCP."

Have you had a CCP done?  Both the Anti-CCP and CCP blood tests are recommended in the initial evaluation of a patient with suspected RA. I could quote numbers but every lab can have a different scale for positive or negative so those numbers would be useless. So your positive finding indicates the antibodies for inflammation are elevated.

I hope the additional information is more helpful....and... Sorry I didn't provide more detail in my initial response.  

Best of Luck,
~Tuck

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pain Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979