Pain Management Community
What Can I Do?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

What Can I Do?

I have been on Hydrocodone 7.5 mgs and was taking up to 12 a day is there a medicine that would help me so the withdraws wouldnt be so bad
Yes, several. With the quantity you describe, you'd do fine with:

OTC Immodium (WD symptoms)
OTC Benadryl (sleep)
OTC Aleve (aches)

Or you could see a doctor and get klonodine for the WD and Xanax for the sleep. All of the above except maybe Aleve can also be habit forming, so use your tools wisely! Many, many posts on this topic, just giving you the quick run-down. Nutrition is very important too, so go find some threads on that and good luck!
actually,and yes, this will scare you.I use to take 15 lortabs a day just to be able to get out and live a life. Severe leg and back pain, unbearable.after 3 nerve blocks and 4 epidurals within 3 mnths.felt better for 2 days then pain was back.So I found the spots on my back wherepain was coming from. Went to a surgeon and he removed 2 baseball size lymphnomas(i think thats correct,anyhow not the deadlyones) pain left and hasn,t been back for 7 mnths.what i want to say is read up on methadone.i been taking pills, anything for pain for8yrs. Methadone stopped pain,I had 40 lortabs in bottle and they are still in bottle. I have no pain so I didn't even think about pain pills,didn't withdrawel syptoms (symptoms). I don't know why but methadone works. Now the kicker, I have to search for DR. who would prescibe it for pain. Otherwise you have to go to addiction clinic and stand and wait in long lines along with ,I'm sure , druggies chasing that high, being treated like a junkie, but i'm pain free. I feel 15 yrs younger, doing all the stuff i use to dream about while sitting in my recliner because the pain kept me there. And yes I have to do a lot of butt kissing,and counsuling,and the $85 weekly, and driving 60 miles round trip for 6 days a week, But I'm pain-free,thank Jesus. I'm just saying read up on methadone. I was scared about it at first, but look at the other side, I'm not spending $300 a week buying off the street and risking murder or being busted. I'm really sincere about you getting some relief. You'll find out more if you read up on it. Reading your post reminded me of myself. good luck!