? about methadone clinics. New member
If i go to a methadone clinic do they label you as a drug attic ? Will that destroy my chances with a doctor when i am able to afford insurance ? When i go what do i need to tell them , that i have chronic pain (been diagnosed with fibromyalgia) or tell them what ? Please answer soon.
Hello and Welcome to the PM Forum.

You've asked a good question and one I cannot answer with certainty. I believe it depends on your state. Why would you have to go to a Methadone Clinic to obtain relief from Chronic Pain? Will your PCP or a PMP not treat you? ... And if not, why not?

A true Methadone Clinic is generally for addicts. If you just show up at one and ask for Methadone for pain control I am not sure if they will even treat you. Indeed I am pretty sure they won't treat you. But I cannot say that for certain. Is your PCP referring you to this clinic? Are there not other options for you?

I hope you'll provide us a bit more info. I wish you well and will look forward to hearing from you.

Take Care,
~Tuck