Pain Management Community
11yrs of knee pain-Patellofemoral Syndrome

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

5099146?1258703401
Hey thanks for the help with telling me how to talk to my doctor! He finally diagnosed me with something other than leg pain from stress growing pains or saying i have depression(which i have none of)!  It's so relieving to know after 11years that it is real pain and that i'm not going crazy! After X-rays and some measurements the Doctor figured out i have Patellofemoral Syndrome (chondromalacia patella). This means my knee caps sit to the side which causes pain in my knees when sitting laying or even  standing.  The Dr. gave me voltaren pills and voltaren gell and it's been working wonderfully.  I'm so glad to finally know what's wrong with my legs, so thanks for giving me the courage to speak up and say that im not crazy!
This X-ray isn't mine but it's an example of Patellofemoral Syndrome the only difference is i do not have "bowed legs" also like ther person in this x-ray.
sorry i ment "i do not have "bowed legs" like the person in the x-ray"