Pain Management Community
15 mg oxycodone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

15 mg oxycodone

Doctor has me on 15 mg oxycodone for Lymes pain......It makes me so tired but it really works other then that..

What is best way to not be so tired while on this med ?
Hi Coolio,

I think the only way to really combat feeling tired from opioids is to get as much rest as you can and try things like coffee and tea to help keep you awake.

If you feel its really too much than you can always ask your DR to lower the dose and see if you still get good relief without being so tired.

Just try to stay away from sugary snacks and drinks as they'll just give you a false sense of being more awake and then make you even more fatigued when it wears off.
Try to eat as healthy as you can so your body has good fuel to work off of during the day.

I'm sure other people will have other ideas for you,

TMA
If I take mine i=on a full stomach they will make me tired. I drink Pepsi (addiction!) and coffee too. I think if you take it on a empty stomach with some coffee you will do better. If this makes you sick at your stomach try a few crackers. TMA  and others including me advises against the sugar but we all love it. Just try and keep it down or it will make you sleepy when you come down from it.