Pain Management Community
30mg oxycodone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

30mg oxycodone

what do I have to say to my doctor to prescribe me 30 mg oxycodone,  is it okay to say oxycodone is the only thing that works for me?
Tags: Oxycodone
You could but you don't say what kind of pain you have. I know doctors start out with weak pain killers and then work their way up, so did your doctor prescribe other meds before you had oxycodone? If so, yes you should tell him what works for you, and what doesn't. But it does depend on your med history and the kind of pain you have.
Im currently on 10 mg oxycodone 4 times a day for an ankle injury....I have a metal plate and 8 screws in it..  throbbing sharp pain running up my leg!
are you wanting more or what? I don't understand--you have a prescription already right?
You are the type of patient that "scares" me.  How do you know oxycodone 30mg. is the only thing that works for you? Have you tried every other pain killer available? My guess is that you haven't, based on your "is it okay to say oxycodone" question.  My suggestion is just to be honest with your doctor and yourself. Yes it's okay to say oxycodone works for you, but maybe think before you say it's the only thing that works. I bet 80 mg. oxycontin would work also, or most any opiate with the equivalent dosage of 30mg. oxycodone tablets.
Are you a doctor?
I would not advise going into a new PM appt. asking for a specific medication. A Board Certified PM has spent many,  many years learning how to be a Dr. and specialize in PM. For someone to tell them how to treat a patient is not going to go over well with most Drs.

It's not about a God complex...it's about finding a Dr. whom you trust with your life and feel is qualified enough to trust their view on how best to treat you.

Of course you should explain your pain issues and what you have been on previously...but then let him/her go from there as that is why you are seeing them.

Chronic pain mgmt. is so much more than just relying on an opiate to lower your pain levels..It's about using dozens of modalities that all help chip away at the pain level to get you to about a 5 or so on the pain scale.

And answering your other post about bringing a "gift"....that is very odd and not something I would recommend to bribe a Dr. to get pain meds. It's one thing to bring baked goods to the entire staff for Christmas for a patient who has been seeing them for quite awhile.....But anything else would seem very out of place and probably have a negative effect.

could anyone refer me to a pain dr that would prescribe oxycodone