Pain Management Community
A "probable" broken nose:(

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

A "probable" broken nose:(

Hi everyone:) Just as I felt like I was finding my groove here, commenting and getting to know everyone a little better!!!---I had to take an involuntary few days off.  My husband took the kids out of town from early Saturday morning until Sunday evening.  Realizing how tired I was from the entire week of insomnia,  I decided to stay at home with the dog, and fell asleep before midnight...woke up here and there, but it wasn't as bad as the previous nights, until I was  jarred out of bed (whining dog)...literally felt like I was thrown from the bed and thrown forcefully onto the ground as hard as possible!!! I think what actually happened was that I stood, feet got tangled in the pants I was wearing, and tumbled over Moose...landing smack on my face.  Blood was everywhere.  Sprayed in patterns in my bedroom like on CSI.  Made it to the bathroom, to watch the sink just fill with clotting blood and tissues.  .I was terrified.  I was all alone, thinking about which friend to call...sobbing....leaving msgs for my husband...finally calming down enough to check myself out.  Bruises on both kneecaps, sore hands, wrists, sore left foot, only on the heel, AND.........I'm almost sure my nose is broken.  I have scrapes on my face and nose,  and the nose is incredibly tender to the touch, and makes a clicking noise when hardly pressed....hard to explain...
The last time I was that terrified was when I fell and broke my coccyx bone...the sheer terror of how severe the "target area" was hit.  How it just knocks the wind out of you.  I felt like my face just crushed and rolled as it rocked onto the hard floor...crushing the nose with such force...
not much facial bruising...some deep, and some light ones on either side of the nose...I hurts just to wear my glasses...which just rest lightly on the nose....and I've had headaches ever since.  
WHY??? does this #$%!*^? happen to me??? I'll write more later, and start reading a bunch more too...
Love, Alison
Sounds like you took an awful fall.  Hope you'll heal quickly.  Have you seen a doctor?
My Dear Allison,

I was wondering where you were as I hadn't seen any posts from you. I was just getting ready to PM you and see if you were OK when I saw your post!!!

I got my answer: you were NOT OK!! I'm so VERY sorry that this horrific accident happened to you. How frightening for you to have to undergo this terrible experience!!!

I'm so glad that you posted so that we can be here for you. Have ou been to the Doctor yet? What did he say? It sounds like you are lucky that you didn't break something MORE that your nose!! This is all you need was the additional pain.

Please let us know what the Dr. says, as we are thinking of you....Sherry
Allison:  Bless your heart!!!  Have you seen a doctor?  You very well may have a broken nose.  Please let us know what your doctor says.

I've had my nose broken before. I knew it was broken the minute my daughter (then 3 yrs old)  head butted my nose accidentally. This was about 30 minutes before a large pool party I was throwing.    The break didn't show up on the imaging.  But once the doc got in there to fix it, it was indeed broken.  A one hour surgery turned into a 5 hour surgery!

So please, go to the doctor.   I know how badly this hurts!  You need medical attention.
OMG Alison you sure didn't need more problems. I can't imagine how sore that must be, and just when you were finally getting some much needed sleep.
I did the same thing a couple months ago, fell down a few stairs and landed on my knees(not my nose thank goodness)...I just sat there and cried I was so sore, had to crawl up the stairs and it was a good 3 days before my legs felt almost normal again(at least as normal as they can get).....I sure hope its not broken and you don't need to under go any additional surgeries, please look after yourself!!
Oh did you get that appointment for the MRI results?

Opus
Sorry you hurt your nose, you really need to go see a Dr about it, or go to the ER. If you think it is broken it needs to be treated.
Hang in there
Jamie
Thanks so much for all the caring responses.  I have an appointment today at 11:30, which is really good because I have bruising and swelling elsewhere...I'll get to that:( I was very lucky to get an appt for today, and yesterday I was extra distracted because I had to wait all day for my dr to fax his approval for my BT meds.  Didn't approve it until 6pm...and it should've been done first thing because they knew I was out...and I had just made the Tues appt w/ the receptionist on the phone, and requested a quck refill b/c of my throbbing nose/bruised body.  Oh well...nothing is working really today for my pain, and I'm feeling a lot of new spots that'll need to be addressed today...in no particular order........Severe acute lumbar back pain; severe edema in ankles, part of feet near heel, calves; headaches, toothaches,  nose-aches...etc etc etc glasses on my nose are a bother...
I just have THE WORST LUCK!!! Oh, and I let Alaina sleep with me last night, and she kicked me out of bed...yes, I fell 3 feet to the ground off my bed, landing on her step she uses to get up..and i crashed on top of it!!! I just can't catch a break these days1!!

Off to my appt soon, so I have to go...it feels so good to have all of us rallying behind eachother...let's hope that I also get the results from my MRI!!!

I'll post asap xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Our Poor Allison,

Don't you worry about not posting so often or getting to know us better....we all understand. A calamity has befallen us that has kept us away from the forum...and rest assured that we will not forget you. You can just pick right back up where you left off. We should be the least of your worries. We are your friends and care about you first before we care about how often you are able to post.

That said, OMG girl what an awful experience. I hope you are will soon be feeling better. I am glad to hear that you are going to your physician. We'll be waiting to hear the results. If your nose is FX they may set it which can relieve the pain and begin the healing.

I was going to suggest that you not let Alaina sleep with you but you seem to do no better alone. :)  Sweetie you have just had a run of bad luck. We all have them. Try to think positive thoughts. We are here for you and I will keep you in my prayers.

I'll look forward to your updates.

Bless You,
~Tuck
Thanks so much Tuck:) I will be following the advice of waiting until I feel better b4 posting more...we'll see... If I see something I really want to comment on, we'll see:)
Typing is really hard on my wrists...the fall really kicked my carpal tunnel into high gear...thank God only the rt one, but still....carpal tunnel is sooo  uncomfortable!!!

So, had the X-ray done, will wait a few days for the call with results.  He also checked out the multiple sites of swelling and bruising...he said he's hoping my nose is not broken---we need some good news!!!

so, before i go, I'll briefly mention my other news, since I still have a lot of thinking, researching, wondering, whatever.  

This is when I LOVE my doc...we went over my MRI results...now the news was not that great, but we cannot really decide what we think about it yet.  The MRI showed obvious things, like most of my coccyx bone is gone, it showed lots of fibrous scar tissue, and then it showed severe sacroiliac joint inflammation.   Right there is my answer to why I have such severe pain.  So, I have no more time right now, except to plead for any and all information anyone may have on the subject; a reminder that I also have a pelvic floor prolapse:(  I'll post a journal summing everything up i've been thru since injury thru surgery, etc etc...when I have time:)