About to take Lyrica, plan to father a child, should I be worried?
I have leg pains and doctors advised me to take Lyrica (75mg) daily for 5 days along side with B complex.

I read in lyrica.com and other sites relating to this medicine that it has many side effects. One of them raised concern to me and that is I should take caution if I plan to father a child. Reading further, some sites particularly said it has a potential to affect male fertility and give possible birth defects. This is a big concern to me and I am having seconds about taking this medicine because I do plan to father a child in a year or two.

I guess I just like to know if I should be concerned about this?

Note: Here's the original topic I posted regarding my leg pain: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Orthopedics/How-to-cure-leg-and-feet-sprain-strain/show/1976638 and I finally decided to go to doctor and they gave me Lyrica.
Hi!
I do appreciate your concerns. Yes, in animal studies Lyrica causes decreased fertility in doses much higher than maximum recommended dose in humans. This means that the dose prescribed to you should not cause any fertility issues. Also, at times the drug may cause side effects at lower doses. So, if you are to continue on Lyrica, it would also be best to plan parenthood early. You can also be switched to another drug. However, yes, please ask your doctor regarding this.
Trying non-drug treatments like physiotherapy, exercises, hydrotherapy, and acupressure along with pain medication reduces the dose of pain medication you are taking. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you very much doc. I highly appreciate it.