Pain Management Community
Acute pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Acute pain

I have acute pain starting from my rt. nostril bone to the back of my rt. eye. Its a stabbing pain in the rt. eye to the extent that I feel like vomitting. Alcohol immediately triggers this symptom.
Can you please advice
Hi!
Such a pain triggered by alcohol can be due to migraine. : Sharp pain on one side of face could also be due to injury to a nerve or pinched nerve, an infection or a trauma. Hence it could be Trigeminal neuralgia, abscess in tooth, exposed root canal, internal ear infection, maxillary sinusitis, TMJ, herpes (recurrent) without rash or fibromyalgia localized to face. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Take care!
Avatar n tn
Thank you for your kind response, Doc.
It was once diagnosed as cluster headache by a doctor in Scotland.
I had started taking homeopathic medicines and that seemed to have helped.
This time around it seems more likely to be some sort of sinus problem as it stems from the rt. nostril bone.
Is it advisible to visit an ENT??
I have migraines and this sounds like one to me and if i drink alcohol which for 15 years I havent drank because it brought one on everytime I would.
Yes, please!