Alcohol and Acetaminophen
Hello-

22 year old healthy male. I went out partying 5 nights (Not last night, the 5 days before that). Each day i took between 500 and 1000 Milligrams of Acetaminophen via Excedrin and then the last night, took another dosage via NyQuil.

Yesterday I had a nasty hang over as anyone would expect- but I didn't take any more. I slept very poorly last night, tossing and turning for hours. When I'd wake up I was sweating heavily. I feel considerably better today- but still tired and groggy. I have had diarrhea once but haven't been sick to my stomach. I have been less hungry than usual, but when I try to eat- I can just fine. I don't feel well but at work, drove no problem.

I need to know if I am having liver failure. I've been drinking gallons of water today and a bottle of Pedialyte. I feel like my mental capabilities are the same. I am not having trouble talking to anyone. I've had 2 day hang overs, and I don't even feel that terrible today.

I know now that you CAN'T DO what I did (and I had no idea before), but I just can't find online anywhere how severe the symptoms are at this point.  

Thanks for the help.
Hi Hon, In my opinion, it could be because of the NyQuil. The medicine in it doesn't mix well with alcohol, and i don't just mean the Tylenol that's in it. In my opinion, I think it would take much more to put you in liver failure. I won't lecture you on the drinking but if you do go out and drink, don't take Tylenol or NyQuil. A lot of times if you drink too much, it can lead to alcohol poisoning. If you were taking it because of the next day hangover - don't, it won't really help all that much, I personally would drink, not just water, but also Gatorade, it has electrolytes that your body needs. I hope you're feeling better.