Pain Management Community
Anyone taking Metanx Vitamin for Migrains?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

My MD recently suggested that I try taking Metanx (Rx) Vitamin to see if it helps prevent my migrains. I don't see much online about it being used for migrains, mostly for diabetic patients (something to do with helping vasular system).
Hi Kimshoulder,

I am sorry that you have migraines. I have had several that have sent me to ER and they were miserable to say the least. So I feel for all you migraine sufferers. I am sorry that I cannot be much help as I know very little about medications for migraines.

I see you have been a member of MedHelp for some time so I hope I am not insulting you by telling you that MH does have a forum for Migraines and Headaches. You are always welcome here but I would consider posting on that forum also.

Others will respond with more information that I have for you. Best of luck. I hope you are able to find some relief from your migraines.
Take Care, Tuck  
Avatar n tn
HI.  My husband had surgery on his legs and when he recently complained that the pain in his legs has gotten worse since the surgery he was prescribed mentax.  This helped for a while but only temporarily.  It is a vitamin and if the problem of your headaches is a vitamin issue it may help.

I do suffer migraines myself and noticed that I seemed to get them really bad after leaving my mother in laws house ( go figure).  After thinking carefully about what was different between the two homes I realized that everything that I ate or drank in her house had Splenda sugar in it or other forms of artificial sugars in them.  So the next time We visited I took my own food and drinks with me.  NO migraine. It has been two years and at most I have had mild headaches since eliminating the artificial sugar.  ONe time I bought flavored water and didn't know it had artificial sugar in it until I took a sip.  I had already bought it so I finished it.  I had a migraine for three days.  My Mother in law keeps things without artificial sugar in them for me and my kids now.( my at the time 5 year old son has not complained of headaches since I stopped buying him things with "less sugar" (they usually have artificial sugar in them and I no longer have to give him allergy medication all the time).

If you use artificial sugars I suggest making a test run for a couple weeks without them (if your diabetic like my mother in law use 1/2 the sugar you would usually use or one at all you get used to it my kids drink all their sugary drinks at half diluted)