Pain Management Community
Arachnoiditis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Arachnoiditis

Are there any medications or treatments that lessen the pain involved with adhesive arachnoiditis?
-7 Comments Post a Comment
Sorry to hear that you're dealing with this beast of a disease.  I was diagnosed with adhesive arachnoiditis almost six years ago, and it's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

I've been going to a neurologist in Houston for the last five years who has helped me a lot.  Right now the medication that he has me on is Roxicodone 15mg, which is 15 milligrams of oxycodone, and we're using Eth-Oxydose 20mg (20 milligrams of liquid oxycodone, immediate release) for breakthrough pain.  I take the Roxicodone tablets at a dosage of 2 every four hours, and the Eth-Oxydose I take 1 to 1 1/2 droppersful for breakthrough pain sometime during the four hour span if needed.  I also take 2 ibuprofen tablets along with the Roxicodone.

When I was first going to him, the doctor who had originally diagnosed the adhesive arachnoiditis had me taking Norco (hydrocodone 10mg with 325mg of Tylenol), and my current doc took me off of that because I will be taking pain meds for the rest of my life, and he was concerned with me ingesting that much Tylenol since it can lead to liver damage.

Most days the meds I am on make it possible for me to function very normally.  The pain is never gone, but it's completely tolerable.  The only time it gets kind of bad is when we're having days on end of wet weather.  

If you want to talk about adhesive arachnoiditis, feel free to PM me any time.  I'll help you in any way I can.

Ghilly
I am looking into this for my wife.  She has the arachnoiditis.  I have the emphysema.  We're quite a pair...we really are and in a good way.
Thanks for the help.
Moonbeamcowboy