Are you now or have you ever been a smoker?
I noticed in my own pain management doctor's office that almost all of us were smokers.  Some were reformed smokers.  But there were very few who had never smoked.  So I wondered how many of us are smokers.  You can vote without your ID being revealed so no fear.  It is socially unacceptable now.  But I will own up to being a smoker.  I enjoy it and wish I didn't.  My clothes smell awful.  Too many cleaning bills!

8
1. Yes, I presently smoke.

6
2. Yes, I did smoke but have now quit.

6
3. No. I have never smoked.
Hi Sweetie!!

I have to admit I TRIED smoking when I was in College as EVERYONE was doing it but I kept choking when I inhaled so I just sat there and HELD my Winston - the POPULAR Cigarette in the mid-60's -  so that I would look like the other kids and let it burn up.  Dumb, Huh????  After a few weeks, I came to my senses and just stopped.  LOL

So happy to be posting again - I really missed you dear Sara!!!

Hugs my dear.......Mama Sherry
Oh Sherry It's so good to see you again!!  And I am so glad you don't smoke!  

PS. Can I give you a call tomorrow?
I look forward to it!!  Looking forward to catching up with you!!  :)

Hugs......Mama Shery

Will Do!  We're doing fall cleaning this weekend.  You'll be a welcome break!
I smoke.  I've found, at least to my observation, that a large number of CP patients smoke.  I hate it and love it at the same time.  I'm not sure if (in my own mind) it helps my pain or if it's a distraction or what.  (And I asked this same question here not long ago and from what I remember, there's quite a few MH members that smoke.  Quitting is something I think of every day but I have yet to do it.  My clothes smell, too, and let' not even start talking about the expense.
I finally quit!  It was difficult, though, and I am still using the Step 3 patch.  The stigma is the absolute worst when you are a pregnant smoker!  I felt guilty about nearly ever cigarette.  Buying them was also really guilt-ridden with the belly.  I don't know if I would have been able to quit without having a great reason right now.
I did notice that my pain seems to be more without smoking and the meds don't work as well initially but it may be all in my head as it was the thing I did when I was hurting and it wasn't time for the meds or the thing I did to pass time while waiting for the meds to kick in.
My DH quit with me which made all the difference in the world as neither of us has been able to quit without the other even though we've tried.  I know he misses it more than I do working all-nighters with a chain-smoking construction crew.
Overall, though, I don't even think about cigarettes anymore and having a smoke-free environment for the baby is really nice.  

I have to say I'm not a smoker but most of my friends and family are.  I do know that my family members that smoke enjoy it.  Unfortunately my mom passed away from lung cancer so my sister quit and just recently started smoking again. She's using the drug chantix to quit smoking. It worked for her the last time and seems to be doing the trick again.  When I was married, I married a smoker and my last boyfriend was a smoker so I don't have a lot of bad stuff to say about it, except for my mom passing away and my dad is a very heavy smoker so if you enjoy it, I have no problems letting you enjoy yourself.  Just please be careful for your health.

Love,

Karen
Never smoked.
I'm a reformed smoker. Smoker from te age o 13-14 to 25, then another year, then finally quit for good in 2008. (crossed fingers)

Sometimes I want one, I wish I could smoke one but, i don't because it's really bad for me and too many things are hurting me right me right now. But I don't judge those who smoke, I really understand the cravings and all of that. :-)