BACK PAIN
Came across a massive roof fall accident in underground coalmines in 1977 at the age of 24 yrs.  & instantly  developed  PID in L5-S1 region. Traction treatment for long 04 months followed by continuous  use of LUMBER support belt resolved the problem till january'2010 ( long 33 yrs)  Since Feb'2010, typical neurological problem developed and does not permit the body to keep in standing posture for exceeding 10 minutes duration in one spell, due to gradual paralytic effect generating from feet region & move upto waste level...  Recent MRI done on L.S spine at 1.50 Tesla magnet scale gives the following observations.. INTERVERTEBRAL DISCS  a) L3-L4 disc shows mild diffuse bulge indenting thecal sac  b) L4-L5 disc shows diffuse bulge causing mild thecal sac compression & compromising left neural foramina.  c) L5-S1 disc shows mild diffuse bulge indenting thecal sac.....VERTEBRAL BODIES   a) Degenerative endplate changes are seen in L5-S1 vertebrae  b) Effusion is seen in L4-L5 facet joints bilaterally.  c) Ligamentum flavum hypertrophy is seen at L4-L5 level bilaterally  d)Bony spinal canal is narrow at L3-L4 level................ Your medical advice to get rid off the problem shall be highly acknowledged & solicited
Hello Partha,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am sorry for my tardy response...and sorry to hear about your painful symptoms. Please be aware that there are no physicians or experts on this forum.

My knowledge is limited in MRI interpretations. I can tell you that based on what I know you have many reasons for pain. You have several areas of "diffusion, compression and narrowing."  All of these areas can produce pain independently and will require treatment. In the meantime I hope you are receiving medications to manage your obvious pain and symptoms.

I suggest that you consult a neurosurgeon. I am not suggesting that you require surgery. However a good neurosurgeon will offer you the best diagnosis and prognosis.

We also have a new radiology forum where you may want to copy and paste your question. Here's the link:  http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Radiology-/show/905

I wish you the very best and hope that you will let us know how you are progressing. I will look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Best of Luck and Take Care,
~Tuck
In order  to get cured  from diffusion,compression & narrowing effect, i am taking the following medicines  as prescribed by neurologist. However, your expert opinion to further reinforce and expedite the relief  process shall be solicited.............  a) cap. gabator 300, 3 daily                b) Etoshine MR, 01 daily  c) Cap Benfomet plus, 01daily  d) Shelcal CT ,01 daily. Awaiting for reply...thanks