Back Pain
Hi I have broken my back twice and am now living on morphine (60 mg, 3X daily) and percoset (10-325 2pills 3X daily, as needed).  I recently had an arthroscope on my knee and the pain was excruciating. My back pain is also quite bad.  This leads me to believe I have a tolerance to my pain killers.  I will be seeing my pain management doc later this month and I am wondering if I should increase or change medicines or just try to get off them?  I know I will be having more surgery in the future.  I need a knee replacement, the docs just think I am too young to have one now (I am 47).  I really want pain meds to be working for me for future surgeries.  I am also considering back surgery, but my pain management doc, chiropractor and physical therapist all think I am too young for that, as well.  I am not thrilled to be living on pain meds, but before I was on them I could barely move.  Is there a way to stay on them, but still have them work during future surgeries?  Should I bite the bullet and have back surgery?  I am so tired of living in pain and I try to lead an active lifestyle (that is kind of what got me into this spot) and am worried back surgery would limit my range of motion and activities.  Any suggestions?
I'm so sorry your dealing with this..Dilaudid is what I would highly recommend you ask your doctor to put you on it is way stronger and more effective than morphine!! I don't know why doctors always jump to place someone on morphine I think morphine should only be used for moderate pain! Dilaudid is used for severe pain! and it last for hours on end! When Morphine only last for close to an hour and the pain comes back! when my pain is severe with my lupus I am given Dilaudid and the pain is gone and I have no more issues for many hours! I would bring this up to your doctor and let he or she know that the morphine is no longer managing your pain and you would like to try Dilaudid,As I see it you shouldn't be denied this due to the fact that you are dealing with severe chronic pain, and it clearly needs to be managed through another medication! over time our bodies become immune to medications also making them lack in being effective! I do believe that this will indeed manage your chronic pain for a longer amount of time! and you will find that you don't need to take it as prescribed because it last for a long time! also  An opioid is sometimes ... Maxidone 10 750 mg you should try this as well! Best Luck ;-)