Pain Management Community
Bad Pain my medicine quit working HELP !!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I am in a wheelchair from carwreck I had at age 21 then was put on pain meds then was very low dosage back then . Well I fell like 10 years ago reptured my back doctor wanted to do surgery so I said Yes without asking any questions because I was in so much pain didn't think it could get worser anyway he trimmed around the bad disk . I go back a little already had my back cut open 3 times before this one but they were a had to have when I first had my carwreck . Well the last surgery made my back hurt real bad much worser went down my butt and leg just me moving my arm like hurts my back . My doctor put me on 20 mg oxycontin at first with percert for break through pain and it did not really help my pain but felt like I had took speed felt like I could do anything so what it was doing was giving me a high I see now not really helping the pain . I was having my doctor raiseing my meds very quick in a short time was on 2 80mg , plus 2 20mg , 2 percert within 4 years guessing . I see now the mistake that was he yold me oxycontin was not addicted so wrong . I am in awful pain now and don't know what to take for it .I will say the oxycontin now has ruined my life mades me feel like I have a hangover everyday can't hardley even go to the bathroom when I get up .I feel like lot of times I am just passing away feel lifeless only when I take my oxycontin I feel some better not much enough to do the things I need to do like a bath feel ok for maybe a hour or 2 then get so sleepy have to take a nap . I wish I knew all this before . When I take my 2nd 80mg in the evening thats when I will feel some better . I have got use to them what has happen only take so I want get sick . My pain is bad enough so now got to deal with pain meds side effects ..I have tryed morphine for a month didn't help plus tryed methdone before been like 3 years ago .. I had a friend tell me to try suboxone said she don't hurt like she use to and she don't feel bad from oxycontin she almost begged me to try them she said I would be up doing things not in the bed like I am now . I also was wanting info on Opana had another friend siad that this worked for her better also . Can someone please advice me what to do . Oh another question I heard that when u take Suboxone that u have to be in withdraws for 3 days are u will get real sick ? My friend said that she was on her pain meds the day before she started the Suboxone did not get sick . I have been on the 80mg oxycontin for years have been needing to change them . I have many diffrent kinds of pain one nerve pain have tryed lycia but it knocked me out bad sure enough couldn't think . Does the Opana have morphine in it like I heard also is it stronger than oxycontin ? I know I have like 4 question sorry but this girl needs help . I have a family who needs me . I have been trying to build my faith up with God . I will be very grateful for your help . God Blessing !!!!

This discussion is related to Pain medicine does not work.
Tags: opana
You want to know what to do. This is a very natural way to help your body to balance the systems in the body.Do the anulom vilom, daily, for 30 minutes, three times a day, with your eyes closed. This works gradually, so allow months, and come back with your feedback at some point.

Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom pranayam –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 21  times
August 15, 2011
I like to know more about this what you are talking about above never heard of it . What will this do for me can u please explain a little better ? Thank u so much !!!! Willing to try this but like more info on it .
I posted on your other thread on the Substance Abuse forum.  Sub needs to be taken under a doctors supervision, not your friend.  It comes with it's own set of issues.  We want you to be safe here......sara
With the pranayam (breathing techniques) you are taking extra oxygen into your lungs and heart and brain. Each blood cell carries extra oxygen to your body systems, makes them healthy and in turn, helps to  reduce your symptoms. Extra oxygen going into the left and right brain, relaxes the brain, reduces stress, and lets the pituitary and pineal glands do their job better. The body has its own system of maintaining the health, and pranayam just boosts this system and you feel the benefit gradually.
You have to start practising pranayam and experience the benefit yourself and make notes. You will learn so much about your body, as you give some time to help the body.
When you can do more than 15 minutes of pranayam, then try to find out more.
You will be able to tell how pranayam is helping you, after you have done it for more than 2 weeks for 30 minutes, as it is all in your control.