Pain Management Community
Best meds for chronic pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Best meds for chronic pain

Am allergic to antiflammatories, and tryed lyrica didn't help the pain.  Is there anything that I can take
that will last all day without taking 8 or 9 pills?  I'm seeing pain management in three weeks thought
I'd ask you people.  Thank you.
Hello and Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum.

Besides Lyrica there is Gabapentin (Neurontin) which is in the same family. However this usually requires a higher dose and you will be taking more "pills."  I am sorry but I do not know of a similar medication that will allow you to take less "pills."

I don't know what type of pain you are experienced, it's source nor the level but there are medications that can help control pain besides those of the Lyrica family. Opiates are one of them. Are you on any opiates?

Hopefully one of our members has a better suggestion than I do. Sometimes weekend can be slower on the board.

Best of luck to you.  Please let us know how you are doing.

Peace,
Tuck