Pain Management Community
Buprenorphine for Chronic Pain Management...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

7723620?1330408895
...an end to the abyss?

Hello everyone,

I'm new here -and after perusing the forums here have decided to state my plight in hopes of finding kindred spirits who may have knowledge or insight, to help me steer through the ice bergs of uncertainty. The following is a novel, so kudos and NAMASTE to anyone who can get through it all, no less impart some wisdom.

I'm a 33 year old full time working single mother of a wonderful 8 year old daugher - who is being robbed a this point of a healthy and happy mother. I've become an empty shell of my former self and this is why.

I suffer from a debilitating condition called Arnold Chiari Malformation I,  and my symptoms skyrocketed after suffering trauma post mva about three years ago. Chiari; which includes severe neck pain, headaches that you wish you will sleep and never wake from ; they seriously test my sanity, extreme fatigue, dizziness, and a slew of other symptoms - is robbing me of my life, however I am beginning to feel that this pain medication (that I have always taken exactly as prescribed  and have never abused) is causing me much more deficit than benefit at this juncture.

After trying every non narcotic medication out there for pain, I was referred to pain specialist.
Throughout the last three years I have been trialed on just about every opiate medication there is, to no avail - and currenly the last stop on this train trip from hell they put me on Oxycontin/Oxycodone  (and have been on this med/dose for the past year) at a current daily dose of 80mg oxycontin ER with 20 mg oxycodone IR for breakthrough pain. That is an insane 300mg of this stuff daily, even more insane is that it doesnt cover my pain in the least. What could kill a horse does absolutely nothing but keep me from getting extremely ill.This is due to tolerance to be sure, but also not to be under estimated - the pain of Chiari.  Either way it is a very sad and disasterous combination.
Will comment at the end of your four-part post.

~Tuck