Pain Management Community
Burning arm

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Burning arm

So I have had a severe burning sensation in my left arm upper front for a bout 3 weeks now. It really has gotten out of control and my back and neck have decided to join the pain party. Any advise would be helpful I can't take anymore asprin or advil my stomach is on fire. Thanks
Hi.  Welcome to the forum.  Everyone here is a chronic pain patient so all responses are just our own experiences.  But there are many people on here who are very knowledgeable in a variety of areas.  But of course, always check with your doctor on everything.

Right off the bat, though, I could suggest making sure you eat before you take advil (ibuprofen) or aspirin.  Yogurt is a good base when taking any NSAID or narcotic.  If you get some relief from it, talk to your doctor about something like Prilosec to protect your stomach.  You can also try Tylenol, which most people don't have trouble with.  Just be careful with it because it can cause liver issues if you go above the recommended dose.  (And lots of other things have acetominophen in them, too, like cold remedies.  Sometimes people get extra Tylenol and don't even realize it.)

Did your pain start in your arm and go to your neck and back?  I think you need to give a little more information to get some responses.  Burning pain typically means nerve pain, but not always.  How did the pain present initially and what was the course?

Have you seen a doctor?  A good rule of thumb is for anything that lasts longer than 2 weeks to see a doctor.  (For things that aren't life-threatening; obviously you don't wait on things like chest pain, etc.)

I hope you can add some information.  I'm sure someone will come along and be able to give you some suggestions.  I'm guessing you haven't seen a doctor yet since you haven't mentioned a diagnosis.  Did you have an injury or did it just happen?

Best of luck.  This is a fantastic site for information.  I learn something new here every day!
I would say go to see a doctor, burning pain can be a number of things and your not going to know what it is unless you get it checked out. Did you injure your self before this happen?
Jamie