Pain Management Community
Burning nerve ending in low back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Burning nerve ending in low back

Hi, to all of you out there.Boy this is surely wide spread.I want to tell all of how Sorry I am to hear so MANY have this back problem.I got injured at work at a Grocery store 20 yrs. ago. I have had 2 back surg. 1st- one was for micro scopic for ruptured disc-and that one shld. have been done a year befor but the Dr. was trying to see if it wld. heal on its own.Then I did it again 2 yr. later so he did a Fusion--and he took my own bone graft,boy that was a mistake--u-- talk about PAIN,,I have that pain goes from top back side of R hip down buttock to thigh area w/numbness ,now I am foll of stenosis at L-4-5-6 ,& hav 2 more buldged disc at 3 & 4. I have had all the Steroidal iject. which never did help me,Then Aug 6th. & Sept 5th.2013 I had the nerve blks. they did help for the 3 hr. time lengthnow I'm to get the nerves burnt,I'm reading good and bad,also they are all back in 2010, so R there any New ones out there, there must be cause this is done every day.I hope to hear from someone-Good or Bad, I really pray it is all Good though, I wouldn't wish is pain on my worst enemy.And I will Pray for YOU all out there that you will All Be HEALED IN JESUS Name-Amen.
Hi!
I am sorry to hear that you are in so much pain despite two surgeries. Nerve burning/nerve freezing/nerve block procedure do help control pain. However, at times it leaves the person feeling numb in that area or the pain is replaced by a tingling or burning sensation. So, it is difficult to say whether this will work for you or not. Usually pains of this type respond to physiotherapy, yoga, pain relief patches etc. A combination approach works best instead of trying one method. Spinal cord stimulator also helps control pain in some cases while in others it causes symptoms similar to those experienced after nerve burning. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.