Pain Management Community
CHARGES TO PICK UP RX REFILLS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

CHARGES TO PICK UP RX REFILLS

My husband has been seeing the same doctor for pain management for about 10 years. Two years ago he began using Fentanyl patches for pain. He sees the doctor every 3 months, and picks up his Rx refill every month at the pain clinic.

We recently changed health care plans and now have an immense up-front deductible. I was surprised to see that every month when my husband picks up his refill the clinic submits a charge of $95 to our insurance company (which they are not covering at this time due to the high deductible). So we're now paying a $95 fee each month just for the refill pickup, and $570 for the medication.

Is this a common practice in pain management clinics? I'm incredulous that the fee to pickup every month is so high. When he has an office visit with the doctor the fee is $150.
Tags: refill
call ur insurance and find out what narcotic for pain is covered with a much ower deductible and then talk to the pain clinic dr and ask to switch meds as they all work and idt fentanl patches ever worked on me and i was on 100mcg patches every 2 days and thru them to the wind oxycodone and methadone aare 2 very good strong medications that will def relieve his pain and maybe cost much lss and work much better good luck let me know how u make out shellycemt