CHRONIC PAIN FROM MVA
I was in a MVA in 2004 (rollover) fractured C6~fractured collar bone. Surgery with fusion and plate and screws in neck and collar. I have nerve damage from the accident in my left arm. Numbness, tingling in pointer finger, middle finger. Left arm weakness and spasms when over used. Pain in upper back&spine,shoulder area. I now have a herrniated disc at C5 which I have had for three years now. I went to PT and had blocks(too many triggers to do and doesn't last long enough) Tried the tins which worked but can not afford and insurance doesn't offer. I go to the DR every year in Jan and try to get pain meds but such a fight to get anything and then only three months worth. I am now having a lot of pain right where the disc is and down from there on the spine to the middle of my back. Question...I have pain a lot of the time should I go back and bug the DR's? My PCP doesn't seem to care that I have chronic pain. I can not change PCP only one Hospital here...Scott and White. Good Hospital. But they have their own agenda. When do I go back and have surgery what signs do I take serious? The pain at the C5 right on the spot is really bad if I lift too much. I get pain down the spine to the middle of back if I over do things. Sometimes neck and shoulder feel like the muscles are tight and hurt a lot. Fingers hurt and tingle more often. I have to have a CT and MRI to even see my surgeon and each cost me 100.00 so I have to be sure or I waste money. Thank-You so much! ali
I am sorry that you are faced with so many pain issues and difficult decisions.

I am sorry that you cannot see another physician. You need someone that will listen to you and treat your symptoms.

Yes I would pay for an MRI or CT. You need to find out if anything has changed and if anything can be done to treat the condition. we all know how horrid chronic pain is and how it changes our lives.

Please let us know how you are doing. And consider a new physician. I will look forward to your updates.

Best of luck and take care,
Tuck