Pain Management Community
CPT codes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

CPT codes

I perform lumber nerve root injections using the blind technique. what are the CPT codes I should use and reference to support these codes.
Tags: code
I am not sure you will find your answer here.
Here is a site that may help you with the CPT codes (Current Procedural Terminology).
http://www.asksam.com/ebooks/cpt/
We welcome you to the community!
Your expertise will be greatly valued here so we hope you will stay and become part of our community!
One author (W.B.M.) reviewed the CPT-4 codes for each study year (Table 1) to identify those that were believed to reflect the most common types of spinal injection procedures that radiologists perform, including lumbar discography (CPT-4 code 62290), cervical discography (CPT-4 code 62291), disk aspiration and/or injection (CPT-4 code 62287), epidural steroid injection (nonselective epidural injection or selective nerve root injection; CPT-4 code 62289 for lumbar injection or 62298 for cervical or thoracic injection), and facet and/or perifacet joint injection (CPT-4 code 64442) (31–34). These procedure codes remained unchanged from 1993 to 1999

http://radiology.rsnajnls.org/cgi/content/full/225/3/723

Sorry I see you can't acsess the earlier reference. Here is one that may help though:)
Avatar n tn
Thank you Sandee for the prompt reply. It was helpful.
Your welcome!
I would like to know your thoughts on these injections, do you feel the risks and side effects (long term) are worth the little pain control they provide?
Do your Pt's feel they really help and how long do you feel they are safe to receive?
Avatar n tn
The paravertebral facet nerve injections which I call lumber nerve root for short, give about three months of pain relief. This is totally worth it for patients in pain.They are safe to be administered as frequently as 3-4 times/ year.
I am not exaggerating when I say that patients come pleading for them.