Pain Management Community
Can anyone refer me to a pain med doctor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

New to the area (moved from Florida) and am having a severely hard time finding a doctor.  Can anyone refer me to a physician that will help me with my pain due to arthritis iin my back.  Near the Winston-Salem, NC area? They are all treating me like an addict and I am sick of it!
Hi minpinmanny,

I want to welcome you to the MH Pain Management Forum. :)

I'm sorry that you are having problems finding a Doctor that can help you, but unfortunately, we don't recommend PM Doctors on this Forum.  We have found that a Doctor that will suit one of us might not be a good fit for someone else.  :(

It sounds as if you have been to more than one and I just don't have any ideas for you other than to have your Primary Care Doctor give you a reference to one.  Other than that, you might get a letter from your old Doctor in Florida that state why he/she was treating you and exactly the meds that they had you on.  

I hope this helps in some way.  Best of luck..........Sherry  
Hello and Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am sorry to read about your unsuccessful search for a PMP. We don't recommend specific physicians on this site, sorry. It's not a good practice for a variety of reasons.

Have you tried a goggle search? There is often a list of physicians, along with ratings and comments to be found on the Internet!

I just returned from 5 1/2 months in Florida. They have a very different type of medical delivery system than my home state. It was surprising to me. Unfortunately they also have a tainted reputation for "handing out" opiates willy nilly. I did not find this to be true at all. I do think there has been a lot of changes in the state but it will take some time to clean up their reputation, at least that's my opinion. You may be running into that perception.

I don't know the NC area at all... sorry. It just seems that there would be good PMP in any area. In my home state it is our PCP that prescribes for, treats and follows their chronic pain patients. That may be true in NC. As suggested by Mamnam find a good PCP and ask for a referral or the possibility that he/she will treat you.

I wish you the best of luck. I know how difficult and frightening the search can be for a new physician, especially when you have chronic pain. We all learn from one another. Please let us know how you are doing.

Best of Luck,
~Tuck