Can gas pains reach your chest area?
Can gas pains reach your chest area?  I get sharp pains occasionally in my upper chest mostly my left side, under or near the under part of my left breast.  Can gas cause this pain?  It is usually after eating.
Ironically, yes. However...chest pain is something that should be evaluated by a doctor, so please make an appointment ASAP. If the pain becomes more intense, you experience sudden nausea/vomiting, shortness of breath, or extreme fatigue, please go to the ER....but barring those symptoms (or anything else that seems out of the ordinary) please see your doctor when you can and discuss this.
This is possible.  Sometimes people think they are having heart attacks, and it is always wise to seek medical help for chest pain, but many times the Emergency Room will try milk of magnesia and see if it relieves the pain.  You sound as if you are speaking of duodonal pain which could be after eating heavy or greasy meals.  You may have gastric reflux also.  You should seek medical opinion if this is happening often.  It is easy to medicate.  good luck.  Remember though chest pain could always be your heart so it is important to talk to a doctor or if necessary go to the ER.
Hello Ringoone,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum.

I agree with the responses above. Indeed stomach distress can cause chest pains and are often mistaken for cardiac symptoms. However you should not assume this is the problem. I encourage you to have a complete work up with your PCP to be certain these pains are due to a GI (Gastrointestinal) problem such as GERD (gastrointestinal reflux disease).  

I've know too many ppl that assume their chest pains were "gas" only to discover they have a cardiac problem....and sometimes too late. I certainly don't want to alarm you. Please see your physician. Life is precious.

Best of luck to you and please let us know what you discover.
~Tuck