Pain Management Community
Can you take hydrocodone 2 hours after taking oxycodone?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

5 mg oxycodone. 2.5 mg hydrocodone. Prescribed both. One for wisdom teeth, one for chronic headaches.

Thanks!
I don't think its safe for us to tell you what you can or cant take. Have you tried calling your doctor or pharmacy?
Technically, I suppose you could, but really why would you? Better to wait the requisite time before regular dosing. Also, just an FYI, Oxycodone and any narcotics really aren't very good for chronic headaches as they tend to cause worse rebound headaches. Good luck to you!
No.  These are 6-hour meds that both contain acetaminophen, so not only would you get too much narcotic, you would poison your liver with acetaminophen.  
Thanks all! Will call the pharm! Appreciate the help! <3
Im sorry but are you serious? This is a pain managment forum for people that have chronic pain the amount of medication you were prescribed for 1 time use for dental pain is a very very small amount for someone who isnt prescribed opiates on a regular basis and is not opiate tolerant. You were given a one time prescription for dental pain. I dont know why your asking this on a chronic pain mgmt forum?  The 5mg oxycodone has NO acetaminophen in it so "caryopteris" doesnt know what shes talking about. The hydrocodone does have a small amount of acetaminophen in it and is supposed to.These meds are usually prescribed to take every 4-6hrs as needed for pain..it will tell you on your prescription bottle how often you can take it for pain. Nobody can give you medical advise on here you need to call your doctor or pharmacist. Good luck with your dental pain I hope the pain goes away soon!
Lighten up Francis...........
I like to think we are here to support and help ANYONE in pain, weather it is acute or chronic. Being that we are chronic pain patients, we tend to have more experience in these matters than a person with acute pain, so what's wrong with answering a simple question? Just my opinion.