Pain Management Community
Can't Feel Things Anymore

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Can't Feel Things Anymore

This is not really about too much pain but lack thereof, i am 16, about 200 lbs, 5'6" and male
Within the last 6 months i have been off and on usually two or three days at a time losing the ability to physically recognize texture of surface, and any dull force that would normally cause pain, like a 2x4, does not affect me the briuses hurt a little, but there is no initial pain. on top of that in the past week or so i have stop tasting things to the extent that only the strongest of flavors are recognized, i had to eat wasabi horseradish to feel the heat on my tongue, my throat would still burn but not my tongue. that's just one example.
also as a sidenote, i was at one point in time very bulimic, and now subconsciously regurgitate eaten food, i have a feeling that the stomach acids involved may play a part in this but i dont think it would affect my hands.

That is my quandary and i would appreciate prompt replies, i am trying to logically find an answer before having to pay an arm and a leg at a doctor's office, thank you.
HawkDown
Hello HawkDown,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum of MedHelp. I am glad you found us. But I am so sorry to hear about your inability to recognize sensations. You are much to young to be experiencing these difficulties.

Usually when these problems arise they are nerve related and yours very well could be. However due to your gastrointestinal disorder(s) you could have a malnourishment syndrome.

It is very important that you discuss this with your PCP asap. He/she will know best of where to begin the search for a diagnosis.

Best of luck to you. Please let us know how you are doing. I will look forward to your next update. Take Care, Tuck

Hello HawkDown:

Welcome to the Pain Forum. Unfortunately I feel that it is in your best interest to seek out medical attention. Because it involves your nerves and the ability to feel, I am thinking it might be serious. Things of this nature left untreated could cause permanent damage resulting in loss of nerve function. Paralysis is in this catagory.....

Please take our advise and see a Doctor.
Take care and good luck,
Mollyrae