Pain Management Community
Can't fill my RX for Oxycodone 10mg/325mg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I tried to fill my rx for Oxycodone 10/325 at 6 different Pharmacies and none had it in stock. They said either it would be a week, 2 weeks, or they had no idea. I am in too much pain to run around checking, so I sent a family member. I also called a phcy and I felt as if they were lying to me. In fact I feel that they are all lying! It is a legit rx from my pain mngmnt Dr. who writes it every month. I've never had a problem before. I'm in Winter Haven, FL. TY for any help that you can give me!
Good comment especially about grocery store like FarmFresh--they had it in stock when no one else did.  also get your doc to write out three prescrips.  90 days and they just get post dated and send the three or two of them to your mail order pharmacy if you have one and they will mail it to you early so you will not have to go without again. Mine works perfectly except for the first time (doc write it wrong) but after that they sent it to me early every time to allow for mailing etc.
I do know of someone who had a similar issue earlier this year with that same exact med. they took it to a Ralph's grocery store pharmacy in person and was able to have it filled on the spot. I know a lot of places don't want to be bothered unless you show up with the prescription in hand, especially for narcotics. Another thing you could try is a 24 hr pharmacy. They are more likely to have more of a variety of meds on hand being opened while other pharmacies are closed. Good luck to you!
You might want to check with your mail order pharmacy to see if they will fill narcotics that way. I know some plans will not and you don't want to ask your doctor for prescriptions like that if your not sure the mail order will honor it. I know express scripts will not do it this way for patches I am on.
go to wall mart  i get minre there ok
Also, you can try a Sams Club. You don't need a membership to use the pharmacy and from what other people have said, they tend to be cheaper also.
TY but every Walmart here is out of it too. There has been a recall because of all the Tylenol in them causing Liver Damage.
TY also but there's no Sams here within 30 miles.
TY! I'm going to check into mail order. I've never done that before.
Yes, this is the 1st time that Walmart here has been out of it!
TY so much for your quick help. I finally found out that there is a shortage here and they are all backordered because they are taking anything off the market that has 500mgs.or more  of Tylenol in it. This is causing a shortage of the other strengths here. I wish I would have known this a long time ago because I most likely already have Liver Damage( or worse) along with thousands of other people who have been ingesting 100's of mgs a day of Tylenol in their Pain Meds!