Pain Management Community
Can't get the patches to stick, brand???, one fell off can I tape ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Can't get the patches to stick, brand???, one fell off can I tape it back on????

I am sure some of you saw my posts on switching from Oxycodone to Fentanyl patches these last couple weeks.  Besides the fact that I can't seem to get them prior authorized for the ammount I need to keep out of pain I also can't get them to stay on.  
I have tried the mylan brand only.  Heard it was the best but?????  Put them on my back, wrist, hip, nothing is sticking longer than a day.  I have covered them with tagaderm and they fell off, tape bubbled, I am at a loss.
I had one fall off today that I need to stay on until tomorrow at least and I just put it on a new spot and taped it.  Will it still work at all?????
I was on fentanyl patches for 2 years.  Yes it will work if it falls off.  

I know it can be a challenge keeping these patches on especially if/when you get sweaty.  I found the place which worked best for me was my abdomin (abdomen).  I used the paper type surgical tape and believe it or not it worked quite well.  I had to check it before and after showers but it generally did fine.

I hope this helps.  I know it sounds like this couldn't work but it did for me.

They may be easing you up on the fentanyl that's what they did with me.
I have been on the patches for 2 yrs and that has happened to me a few times, but mostly in the beginning.  I put them on my upper back and they seem to stay there at least for me.  In the very long instructions in the box there is a specifis tape they recommend to use if they do fall off.  

Hope this helps.