Cervical Facet Joint Radio Frequency Lesioning Question
I had some cervical facet joint nerves lesioned recently and it worked really well.  My doctor told me that I could expect the pain to return in 9-12 months. I am wondering if the pain will return all at once or if is more gradual. My insurance doesn't cover the procedure so I don't want to get the lesioning done again at the first sign of pain if it may be a while before it gets unbearable again.

Thank you
give the detail about radiofrequency lesioning
My pain comes back gradually, but I have talked with other patients in the same practice, with the same symptoms, procedures, etc., and some said their pain comes back all at once.  Some were like me, where the pain comes back over period of 7-10 days on average. I guess there is no way to tell whic category you fall in until it starts to stop working. I think it's better when it returns gradually. it buys me some time to get another procedure booked before the pain is "off the charts".
                                                                       Good Luck,
                                                                                    Shinty
Mine came back gradually. I am trying a new procedure that is supposed to last 2-3 years. They use a scope to make sure they get the exact nerve(s) that they need too. I will see how that works out.