Pain Management Community
Cervical Facet Joint Radio Frequency Lesioning Question
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cervical Facet Joint Radio Frequency Lesioning Question

I had some cervical facet joint nerves lesioned recently and it worked really well.  My doctor told me that I could expect the pain to return in 9-12 months. I am wondering if the pain will return all at once or if is more gradual. My insurance doesn't cover the procedure so I don't want to get the lesioning done again at the first sign of pain if it may be a while before it gets unbearable again.

Thank you
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
give the detail about radiofrequency lesioning
Blank
1326416_tn?1370930601
My pain comes back gradually, but I have talked with other patients in the same practice, with the same symptoms, procedures, etc., and some said their pain comes back all at once.  Some were like me, where the pain comes back over period of 7-10 days on average. I guess there is no way to tell whic category you fall in until it starts to stop working. I think it's better when it returns gradually. it buys me some time to get another procedure booked before the pain is "off the charts".
                                                                       Good Luck,
                                                                                    Shinty
Blank
Mine came back gradually. I am trying a new procedure that is supposed to last 2-3 years. They use a scope to make sure they get the exact nerve(s) that they need too. I will see how that works out.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pain Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank