Cervical Medial Branch Block
I have been having uncontrolled migraine headaches along with severe neck & shoulder pain and was just told about Medial Branch Block procedure. I've read some of the post that are already on here and I am no longer sure that this procedure is the right choice for me. I've been diagnosed with Arthritis, D.D.D., Cervicalgia, & Cervical Spondlyosis. Which when I look all those up they all seem to be a different way of say Arthritis. I know that there is no cure for arthritis but has anyone had this procedure done because of arthritis? I really don't want a cover up procedure but at the same time I want relief from the pain. My pain is to the point where anything I do (ex. clean house, doing laundry, meal prep. & etc) puts me back in bed. My primary physician has already told me that he doesn't know what else to do for me & the neurologist i was seeing just kept switching my migraine medicine. Any advice or things that have worked for you would be greatly appreciated.

Doctors use medial branch blocks as a diagnostic tool and to relieve facet joint pain. Pain relief may last for several months, assuming the block relieves your pain at all. It doesn't ease pain for everyone.

I haven't found anything about its use for DDD, but epidural steroid injections are used for herniated discs.

Have you tried looking through the National Institutes of Health website?
I had that done and it was a life saver. After that I had RFA and it lasted a good three years before my headaches, neck, and shoulder pain came back. It's time to do it again and I can't wait to get it done. I would have headaches everyday and nothing would relieve them, not to mention the horrible neck and shoulder pain that would shoot down my arms. I need surgery but am terrified to go through that again. I would rather put a band-aid over it if it helps for as long as it did. I know it will not cure the pain, but it helps enough to where I do not have to consider surgery at this time.
Thank-you for the positive feedback. Everything I've been reading and hearing has been negative so it's good to hear from someone that has had positive results from it. I was told after the procedure to go home and do activities that would normally bother me. Where you able to go home and be active or were you sore the day of the procedure?
I was sore in my neck after the procedure for sure. I was told to go home, take it easy, and ice it several times for the next 24 hours. It did flare up the next day, but then calmed down a couple of days later, so don't be alarmed if that happens.
Good luck and God Bless.