Pain Management Community
Chest Stinging Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Chest Stinging Pain

Hello, I have been having chest pains that come and go from maybe once a week to maybe once a month. It only stings when I twist or turn. It stays for about 30 mins - 1 or 2 hours then it will just disappear. I have had chest xrays and ecg and they both seem to be ok. Does anyone have any ideas? could it be my posture, I know i have a bad posture.
when would I get a reply?
I am sorry I have been busy today and overlooked your post in my haste.
You could have some nerve damage that would explain your symptoms and with the test you have had it would not show up on those. Does the doctors have any idea what is causing your pain? With the infrequency it is hard to pinpoint a cause, if you were having it more regular or constant it would be much easier to diagnose.
I apoligize again for the lateness of my response.
I looked futher and this may be something you can ask your doctor about too.

Angina Pectoris (Chest Pain)
What are the symptoms?

Although they vary from person to person, these are the typical symptoms:

•A sharp or dull pain, tightness, pressure, or burning sensation in the chest, arms, jaw, or back (These symptoms often occur during physical exertion, emotional stress, or eating.)
•Tingling, aching, or numbness in the elbows, arms, or wrists (especially your left arm)
Shortness of breath
•Perspiration
•Nausea
How is it diagnosed?

By your symptoms and a stress test, which usually means walking on a treadmill. You'll be hooked up to an electrocardiogram (EKG), which measures the electrical activity of the heart before, during, and after the stress test, and your blood pressure will be monitored throughout. Characteristic changes occur on the EKG if heart disease is present. But this test is meant for screening, and you may need other tests, such as a nuclear scan or an angiogram. In an angiogram, a dye is injected into your blood and an x-ray is taken of the heart and its blood vessels.

I hope you are doing something to correct your bad posture.
Even if it isn't causing your current problems it would still be a good idea to correct it so that there aren't further complications down the road.
A good physio  or chiro may help, or an osteopath.
I do excercises to correct my posture and over the long term it has been helpful.

Nick
Hi, sorry you're having pain.  Your description of "stinging when twisting or turning" make it sound like the dermal layer.  Is the skin tight?  When you twist, do you notice any lack of pliability in your skin?  Does it seem to "adhere" to the subdural layers?  Or is the pain more internal.  More info on its location would be helpful.  Blessings, Jan
Location is about 10cm directly above the Xiphoid. As I said it only hurts when i twist or turn. sometimes its REALLY bad, sometimes its only minor. I have been to the doctor (Not about chest pain) and he said I could be getting depression / anxiety. I have no family history of heart problems. But I did have SVT a few years back which was fixed. I am only 23 years old/ male
And thankyou Sandee. I dont think its Angina Pectoris as I only have 1 or 2 of those symptoms, And I am only young.
anyone else got any opinions?
you said you saw a dr, but not about chest pains. it's time you went back to him/her and try to get it sorted out properly. It is not possible for you to be diagnosed online. good luck,

Nick.
Nick is right - if it is this bothersome - you should see a doctor and mention this symptom.  It's location could be hard for me to determine because I don't know your height.  But midline, mid-chest - could be esophagus, sternum, or still - the skin or muscle.  You didn't answer my question about tightness.  I'm trying to figure out why it is present when you turn.  One thing is that if it were a heart condition, it wouldn't only be when you twist etc.  That's why I'm asking questions about skin etc.  It's been a while, how are you feeling?

Jan