Pain Management Community
Chronic Lower Abdomen Pain!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Chronic Lower Abdomen Pain!

I am a 26 y/o female and I have chronic lower abdomen pain where my ovaries would be.  I had a hystorectomy last July because I had endemetriosis really bad.  Now, I am having the same pains again.  My gyno said that accoring to my ultra sound I had done yesterday, it's not gynologically related.  They said something about my liver.  Can the liver cause the pain that I am having?!?!?!  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The liver is under your ribs on the right side, it sounds like your pain is lower...

What about scar tissue?
What your gynecologist was likely talking about is "referred pain." This is a phenomenon in which a problem in one area of the body is felt nearby but not in the exact spot where it occurs. The most familiar example is the left arm pain associated with a heart attack.

The liver is one of several organs in the abdomen which can refer pain. You'll need to follow up with your doctor to find out what's going on.
Thanks for the answer.  But, I found out yesterday that it was only fatty tissue around my liver...nothing super serious.  I am pretty sure I have endemetriosis again.  It can occur out side the pelvic wall. :(
Sorry to hear that your endo may have spread. That is a difficult situation to be in, though there are still treatment options. But it's also possible you have something simple and treatable that's causing the pain. Perhaps your gynecologist can refer you to a GI specialist, who can help sort out what's going on.
She did.  That's the sad thing.  I've done a bunch of tests as of last week.  The last option is the colonoscopy...which I am having on Tuesday.  Then the GI specialist is going to let my OBGYN know.
At least things are moving along. Fortunately, endo rarely spreads after a hysterectomy. And unfortunately, abdominal pain is like back pain: it can be caused by so many different things that tracking down what's going on and finding the right treatment may take time and patience. At least you're ruling out possibilities, which I hope helps give you some peace of mind.