Chronic Nasal Pain

What could chronic nasal pain be due to? It started after a trauma nearly 5 years ago. There is only slight deviation of the bone. I wear glasses which may be playing a role. But I think it is not due to them, at least not exclusively. Is there anything that relieves such pain? The ENT I saw then had said it would go away in time. Intermittently it goes away and then reappears. Especially some time after a haircut, I enjoy a 10-15 day incredibly and blissfully pain-free period.

I will very much appreciate any thoughts or ideas and sharing of similar experiences.
I can't imagine why a hair cut would make a difference, but since you had a trauma to the area 5 years ago, you could have a problem with scar tissue.  Is the pain internal or external?  Have you seen a doc about it yet?  
The pain is internal. I will see an ENT next week. If there is a problem with scar tissue, what is the treatment for it?