Pain Management Community
Chronic Neck pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Chronic Neck pain

Around 8 months ago while i was practicing gymnastics i stuck a bad landing and as i was moving from the landing position to a standing position an immense pain hit my neck and i could not move my neck at all, i lay down motionless for 1 hour but it got worse so i went to the hospital and i couldnt move my neck at all because the slightest movement hurt so much. I went to the hospital 3 hours after it happened and got a painkiller injection that did not help too much. The doctors said it was a muscle pain and would go away, it healed to the point that i could practice gymnastics again in 2 weeks so i slowly started conditioning and training but i still felt a pain whenever i stretched my neck, so i was always careful and always made sure to warm up and stretch my neck but the pain never died down and i could not stretch to the left all the way(the pain is the upper left part of my neck). In the start of march i injured my neck again from a fall and the same thing happened, so i went to the doctor immediatly and had an x-ray taken, the doctors said it looked fine and nothing was wrong with the bones and that it was a muscle pain. They told me to to take Volteren Emulgel, Muscoflex, and some other pain killers. My neck still hasn't healed and whenever i touch, massage, or even hit the part of the neck it doesn't hurt at all it feels exactly like the right side of my neck which is perfectly fine. I don't understand why i don't feel pain if its a muscle pain/rip etc, shouldn't i be able to feel it when i touch my neck? Also, why hasn't it healed in 8 months? I tried muscle relaxents pain killers massages hot showers keeping my neck warm and stretching but nothing seems to help what can this be i feel like it isn't a muscle pain but something with the nerves? Today i slightly injured it again and whenever i try to turn to the left it feels like there is a knot and hurts very much. If anyone knows what this is or can help with treatment please tell me because its really impared my progress in gymnastics and thats all i care about right now.
Tags: neck injuries muscle pains
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pain Management Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...