Pain Management Community
Chronic Neck pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Chronic Neck pain

Around 8 months ago while i was practicing gymnastics i stuck a bad landing and as i was moving from the landing position to a standing position an immense pain hit my neck and i could not move my neck at all, i lay down motionless for 1 hour but it got worse so i went to the hospital and i couldnt move my neck at all because the slightest movement hurt so much. I went to the hospital 3 hours after it happened and got a painkiller injection that did not help too much. The doctors said it was a muscle pain and would go away, it healed to the point that i could practice gymnastics again in 2 weeks so i slowly started conditioning and training but i still felt a pain whenever i stretched my neck, so i was always careful and always made sure to warm up and stretch my neck but the pain never died down and i could not stretch to the left all the way(the pain is the upper left part of my neck). In the start of march i injured my neck again from a fall and the same thing happened, so i went to the doctor immediatly and had an x-ray taken, the doctors said it looked fine and nothing was wrong with the bones and that it was a muscle pain. They told me to to take Volteren Emulgel, Muscoflex, and some other pain killers. My neck still hasn't healed and whenever i touch, massage, or even hit the part of the neck it doesn't hurt at all it feels exactly like the right side of my neck which is perfectly fine. I don't understand why i don't feel pain if its a muscle pain/rip etc, shouldn't i be able to feel it when i touch my neck? Also, why hasn't it healed in 8 months? I tried muscle relaxents pain killers massages hot showers keeping my neck warm and stretching but nothing seems to help what can this be i feel like it isn't a muscle pain but something with the nerves? Today i slightly injured it again and whenever i try to turn to the left it feels like there is a knot and hurts very much. If anyone knows what this is or can help with treatment please tell me because its really impared my progress in gymnastics and thats all i care about right now.
Tags: neck injuries muscle pains