Pain Management Community
Chronic Pain, I get cold...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Chronic Pain, I get cold...

Hello;
I suffer from chronic/severe back and leg pain with extensive disc degeneration and nerve damage. It's been almost 18 years of it, getting worse as I age, (40 now), but it seems over the last year or two, the worse my pain is, the colder I am. It's 75 in the house and I'm hurting really bad right now, and am bundled in sweater, thick socks, etc. Anyone else with severe or chronic pain experience this?
Tags: Chronic Pain, Coldand leg pain
Also have arthritis I take it? Mine is bad and causes debilitating pain, swelling ect when it is cold out or chilly and damp. Mine is not as bad as yours but I take Black cherry extract and it helps alot! I also have severe back problems, DDD and nerve damage. My pain meds won't touch the arthritis pain it seems. If they do it is only for a hour tops. I use the Black cherry and ibuprofen and I also got a memory foam mattress topper for my bed to help me sleep at night. I hope this info helps. Best wishes, Sissie
Not sure about the arthritis...I know I hurt more when the weather changes, but it's weird how I seem to get chilled when I'm hurting bad. But my body is just scientifically bizarre anyway. LOL  
Black Cherry extract, eh? Can I ask how you take it? Pills, liquid, or whatever? I'm open to trying new things. My pain meds don't last either, but I only take a half at a time because they make me woozy.
Grace
With your back problems and as long as it has been you are guaranteed to have arthritis. You may also want to get a updated mri to check and make sure a disc is not pressing on the nerve that is damaged causing extra problems. I take the NOW brand pill 750 mg. They are cheaper to order on line but in a pinch dried cherries or concentrated cherry juice will work. I am not talking about the juice in the frozen section or even the juice section. It will be 100% concentrated tart cherry juice usually found in produce section.

I started taking them 2 pills 3x's a day for the first week and then tapered down to what worked for me. When I know the next day I am going to be doing something that will aggravate my back I take an extra one or two before bed.
I have many joint problems and when I get just a little bit cold my pain intensifies. I found that taking a hot bath helps almost immediately