Chronic abdominal nerve pain.
Hello, I hope someone can help. I have had abdominal nerve pain for over 3 years. It is a result of complications of a surgery that had to be redone 3 times. The nerves are trapped in scar tissue and mesh used to hold my in the proper location. It's a long story, but I'll cut to the chase I spent the last 6 years at pain clinics and have gone through numerous procedures to no avail. I'm getting real tired and one by one the pain doctors are throughing their hands up. This includes Mayo Clinic and other pain clinics in the area. We have tried every recommended treatments from injections to nerve blocks. The first injection gave me relief for 8 months but after that I have has numerous other injections and no results. I am on Fentynal patches and oxycodone tablets. Some days this gets me by, but lately their effectiveness has decreased. I am 47 and the future doesn't look promising. Any help?
Hi!
I am sorry that you are going through so much pain. You need to ask your doctors to probably try a different combination of long and short acting pain medications. Often changing the combination of drugs you are taking is helpful in preventing breakthrough pain.
Also, maybe trying some abdominal exercises will help control the pain. The other possibility is a spinal cord stimulator. You can discuss this possibility with your doctor. I am sorry but pain relief in such situations is a very difficult task. Sometimes alternative therapies like yoga and swimming does wonders. So try them as well.
Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.