Pain Management Community
Chronic burning/pain in lower arm.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Chronic burning/pain in lower arm.

I have DDD in my neck and was involved with a motor vehicle accident. Since then l now have a chronic burning ache pain in my lower left arm radiating down into my hand along with tingling. Wondering if the accident has made my DDD worse and brought on these sypmtoms. Have had two years of physio no relief.
Hi helicoptercm,

First, I want to welcome you to the Pain Management Forum and let you know that we are glad you found this Forum. I want to let you know that there are NO Doctors on this Forum, only CP  {Chronic Pain}  Patients that help each other with our OWN expertise and experiences that we have developed through our OWN CP Issues.

I'm so SORRY to hear of your MVA!!  ALSO, I'm VERY sad to hear that you are STILL experiencing so much pain.  The burning pain is USUALLY indicative of nerve pain.  I have the SAME type of nerve pain caused by bulging discs in my neck that causes tingling and burning and numbness to my lower arms and hands.  It's, of course, quite possible that the DDD COULD have been aggravated by your MVA, but have you had ANY MRI'S taken to show that it has bcome worse than when it was FIRST diagnosed? I would recommend that you have SEVERAL tests run to see what the EXACT cause of your burning is.  Mine was diagnosed by an MRI of my neck.  You might tell your Doctor what is happening and how the PT {Physical Therapy} ISN'T helping you anymore and you would like for him/her to look FURTHER for a Diagnosis of this PARTICULAR problem that you are NOW experiencing.

I HOPE that you will stay in touch and let me know what you find out is causing this.  I WISH you the VERY best in your pursuit of a Diagnosis!!

I will be looking for your update............Sherry
Hello and Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am very glad that you found us and took the time to post. We don't often see members...or posters from Andorra. So I know little of the medical delivery system in your country.

I assume your MVA has been several years ago. If the MVA caused a flare of your DDD symptoms that should be long over. In my opinion now you want to ask just what the force of that accident did to the spinal or supporting structure of your neck.

If you haven't had imaging it's long past the time to have one....a detailed evaluation of what may be going on in your cervical area.

I am very sorry to hear you are still having pain...years after the MVA. Pain is disrupting to our lives at the very least. I encourage you to be assertive and insist on answers and effective trreatments.

Please keep in touch. I'll look forward to your updates and wish you well.

Take Care,
~Tuck
Hello back from Helicoptercm,

I've had a MRI and xrays with no results but the DDD condition. I had no neck pain and no pain/burning in my arm previous to my MVC and now have both. Have had physio for two years with little results. Any further comments are more than welcome.

HCM
Another test that would be very helpful is an EMG. There is also a test that can be done to stretch the nerve that goes under the ligament in your wrist to see if it is Carpal Tunnel syndrome. Ask your doctor about both. At least you can rule it out anyway.
Good Advice.  pmuse