Pain Management Community
Chronic muscle pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Chronic muscle pain

I have had muscle pain in my legs since i was a child. The only way I can describe the pain is that it feels like "growing pains", the Dr. never looked into it since i was young and always said that i was just having growing pains. I am now 21 years old and have had these pains almost daily since i was a child, now they are in my legs and sometimes in my arms & rarely my hands. I have noticed that the pain starts up if I'm cold but it can also start at random, I do not have to be cold for the pain to start. Heat, massage and Biofreeze help make the pain go away. I have never been overweight and have always exercised regularly, I have tried eating more Potassium and am now taking a daily supplement of Potassium but I honestly do not feel that I have had a Potassium deficiency since I was a child. I took a lot of vitamins while i was pregnant and still had these pains consistently. If anyone has any ideas or input as to what this could be, that would be great! I am ready to get rid of this pain or find some way to ease it.

Thanks :)
Hello and Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. I and my sister also suffered from "leg pains" as we were growing up. The physicians told us the same thing, "Growing Pains." Luckily ours did stop as we entered adulthood..

My suggestion to you is to just keep searching for a physician that may have some answers for you. We can all understand how pain can effect your daily functioning. It is wonderful that heat, massage and biofeedback make the pain go away. You at least have found some releif.  This may give physicians some valuable clues as to the source of your pain.

I haven't a thought as to what may be causing these pains. I assume that they have ruled out the usual and customary medical issues. Now it may require some more extensive testing and a new set of eyes.

Best of luck to you. I hope you will let us know of your progress.

Take Care,
Tuck