Chronic pain after bypass surgery
Female 49.  I had a double by pass surgery December 2007.  Since then I have still been suffering from the pain from around the scar and muscles around my chest.  I have had several bouts of cortizone injection shots. I also had Keloid reduction surgery at which time it was discovered that a wire had come loose on my sternum which helped the stabbing pain so it was removed.  I have also had Acupuncture and hypnosis those also did not work.  I am currently in pain management I have been prescribed most recenlty Opana ER with Vicuprofin, and Lidocaine, but since I started the Opana it makes me too drowsy and I am suffering from Diareaha.  I spoke to another person who said that she takes oxycodone and it helps her with the pain and it does not make her as drowsy.  I work in a very stressful position which requires me to make snap decisions so the drowsiness does not help and I also sit at a computer most of the day..  Can you give me some idea of which medication and or other treatments that might help me?.  Can you please respond at your earliest convenience.  Thanks in advance for you help.  P.S. I NEED HELP!!!
I'm sure you've hearrd of Suzanne Somer's book 'Sexy for life'. In it there are many references to what causes the interests you've listed. Toxins, and hormone imbalances. What shocks me is our physicians learn very little about how female hormone imbalances are at the root of most diseases. Last year I picked up a book written by a female autoimmune/immunobiologist. sorry I forgot her name, but there are not many that write on or specialize in both areas. we know our dna is the genetic default that our bodies become after years of being out of balance. Everything from thyroid disease to cancer. Simplified, our hormones drive the autoimmune system. After enough years of being out of whack our genetic default sets in and we find ourselves in sometimes irreversible life threatening situations. My mother has rheumatoid arthritis, dad has psoriasis. I ended up with psoriatic osteo arthritis. have had it for 23 yrs. The author simplified the way our endocrine system drives our autoimmune system. My mom had a full hysterectomy at 46 then soonafter arthritis began crippling her. manmade synthetic hormone therapy is a killer, heart disease, strokes, and it is synthetic. It's a recipe for disaster. Cutting edge or shall I say more knowledgable hormone replacement therapists know the man made synthetics are killers. To teach an old doctor to practice medicine differently is akin to changing religions. Bio Identical hormone replacement therapy is the way to stay alive and thrive. sleep well, feel well, and reverse illnesses if caught in time. The fact I want to drive home and scream from the mounatin tops is this; the endocrine system supports the autoimmune system. An ill autoimmune system causes those genetic defaults to materialize and take over your life. our hormomes must be restored to their normal healthy functioning levels to prevent cancer, thyroid disease, arthritis, etc. When the hormones are not balanced our white and red blood cells attack eachother. some produce at higher rates causing leukemia, others result in arthritis, etc. We as a culture need to rethink the way diseases manifest. These problems can be slowed down, eliminated and prevented all together. At 47 yrs of age I know I have to get my hormones measured and then balanced or my autoimmune system will continue on its path to destruction. I am unable to afford Bio HRT, but, as soon as I can I will have my cheek swabbed for saliva testing, most accurate way to measure hormones!! Then I will find a compounding pharmacy and begin taking bio hrt. Without insurance and dealing with a work related injury, no income, etc. I have to put off the process. I have learned that being perimenopausal is a sign that my hormones are out of balance due to insomnia, weight retention, inflammation, depression, and the list goes on. I have witnessed other women successfully change their health and their lives and watched while doctors continue to push horse urine (synthetic estrogin) and ignore bio identical because they just dont want to change their ways. ignorance is shameful. ladybug maybe you've already had a regimin of bio hrt and it hasn't helped. But, I'm willing to bet you have not explored that route. Pharmaceutical comapanies do not want us to know that their drugs are killing us. Doctors dont want to have to change their belief systems. BUT, there are some cutting edge docs who do know and do care and will help. We just need to know what is best for us. Imagine, hormonal balance preventing cancers, thyroid disease, arthiritis and how that will change our lives. I use the terms will because we are not stupid, maybe a little dummed down, but not stupid. Change is on the horizon and I can't wait to see it mainstream. thanks for your attn to this, and pick up Suzanne Somers' books, shoot, she has 20 of them. I like using the library. See what she has to say about thyroid issues, it'll blow your mind. This woman has the world most advanced doctors in her corner. we all deserve that too.  
as to your question about oxycodone, it wakes many people up and makes them more alert after their body becomes adjusted to it. Meaning physiolocically dependent on it. Oxycodone is oxycontin with tylenol in it.
oxycontin is as addictive as heroin. The fda wanted to take tylenol off the market but was unsuccessful because most of the opiates, 98% of all opiates contain tylenol. And, 98% of all liver related failure hopsital deaths are traced back to long term use of tylenol.
if you are a non-addictive personality and can confidently take yourself off oxycodone than you'd be a good candidate, it's still highly addictive. maybe your endocrine/hormaonal system should get the attention first as it may be causing the pain driven problems. I wish you well. Hajji