Pain Management Community
Chronic pain in back neck butt legs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Chronic pain in back neck butt legs

I have had severe chronic back neck leg and butt pain for 3 years now. The pain in my butt is from a surgery i had to remove a cyst they had to do a flap skin graph which covers most of my butt and i have nerve damage. I had a mri done and they found 4 ruptured discs and some calcium deposits from a old injury. To the point what should i discuss with my doctor for pain relief. I do therapy exercise get shots but it doesnt help with pain like it should. what kind of medicines work best. I usually take Tylenol OTC and it helps just a little but not much. I need something to help with breakthrough pain and I dont know what to discuss with my doctor. I would like a little info before I go to see him again.  
   When you see your Doctor just tell him/her what has been going on. If  you need a referral you need to see your PCP and go from there. There are many types of medications that will help but you will have to discuss those options with your Doctor as each Doctor has different practices when it comes to which medicines they use.