Pain Management Community
Chronic upper left chest pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Chronic upper left chest pain

I have been having upper left chest pain a little bit above and to the left of my left breast for 6 months now. I have been diagnosed with gerd, pneumonia, and also I had a tumor in my upper left chest that was removed in late february, but none of these things took care of the issue. Advil, Tylenol, and oxycodone do close to nothing. The pain is there when I wake up and doesn't go away until I fall asleep at night. It is a dull not severe pain, but I can feel it and it is hard to stop thinking about. My mayo chest specialist has no further suggestions besides time... I was wondering if anybody has a suggestion or a similar issue. I am 21-male, 6'2 170lbs i am Healthy and try to stay active but the pain prevents me from having motivation to do many things. I also have lots of anxiety, and am dealing with a recent breakup where my ex found someone within a week.... that was 10 months ago, but the pain didn't seem to show up for awhile after that and I don't think 'heartbreak' would be this chronic. Help please!