Pain Management Community
Constant Pain In Wrist

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Constant Pain In Wrist

For the past week my left wrist has been in pain non-stop, because of this I can't play most sports or mess around like I usually do. I think I may have pulled a ligament (It can't be broken, if it was I'd probably be screaming in pain :\), it might have happned in Drama because we do these tai chi x Yoga stuff.. We had to do this excersize how we have our hands on the ground (we are in a crawling position) and we have our fngers pointing to ourselves. It's really painful and you can feel the muscle slowly rip.

Any ideas on how to stop the pain? I hae toldmy tacher I can't partipate that one.
Hello and welcome to the Pain Forum:

The wrist pain you are experiencing could be a number of things. You may have pulled a muscle or ligamnet but broken...I doubt it. From the desription of your symptoms, it sounds like "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome".  Below you will find  some information that I have dug up for you. It may be of some help.

What is carpal tunnel syndrome?

Carpus is a word derived from the Greek word "karpos" which means "wrist." The wrist is surrounded by a band of fibrous tissue that normally functions as a support for the joint. The tight space between this fibrous band and the wrist bone is called the carpal tunnel. The median nerve passes through the carpal tunnel to receive sensations from the thumb, index, and middle fingers of the hand. Any condition that causes swelling or a change in position of the tissue within the carpal tunnel can squeeze and irritate the median nerve. Irritation of the median nerve in this manner causes tingling and numbness of the thumb, index, and the middle fingers, a condition known as "carpal tunnel syndrome."

If this doesn't get better soon, you really should have it looked at. Make an appt. to see your Doctor. Please take care,
Mollyrae
it's finally settled down -_-