Pain Management Community
Continuous Pain and Severe Muscle Spasms
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Continuous Pain and Severe Muscle Spasms

I have been having extremely severe muscle spasms that will cause my body to jerk and EMTs have described it as looking like a Grand Maul Seizure. I have had a CT scan, Feb 2011, of my head and it was clear with no tumors, a CT scan, August 2010, and it showed a bulging disc at L5-S1 but did not show nerve involvement. I have been told by one doctor that there is nerve involvement. I currently have a neurostimulator implant that was installed January 2010. I had an original injury that occurred January 2007 from a fall. I spent 3 years fighting with workers comp insurance for this implant and after I got it I began making tremendous progress until August 2010. I was marketing by putting flyers into newspaper boxes and within 90 minutes of returning to my office, I was having trouble walking and standing. I ended up having to leave early and haven't been able to work since. I started P/T shortly after and after about 10 visits I had been improving but then before my final visit I again had a severe attack of spasms. Ever since then it has steadily gotten worse. I have had to be transported by ambulance 3 times in the past month because of spasms that wouldn't stop. My last transport, the EMTs forcibly strapped me to a back board when they were told not to because it was muscle spasms. Ever since then, my mobility has become more difficult and painful. I can barely walk, even using my cane. I am having sharp intense pain in my tailbone area. I had been having problems primarily with my right side but now my left side is doing the same thing as my right. My spasms are centered in my low back, pelvis, hamstring, psoas, quads, and just about every muscle group located in the center of my body. I have severe pain throughout these areas as well and now the pain and spasms seem to be moving up my spine. I am taking Soma, Hydrocodone, Gabapentin, Elavil, Naproxen, Baclofen, and I am not experiencing a significant amount of relief from the pain and spasms. When these spasms occur, I am unable to control my body and its movement. I haven't driven in 6 mos because of this. I am getting no answers about this, just questions.