Pain Management Community
Cramp like pain in calf and numbness in foot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

A couple months ago I was playing football and must have gotten hit hard in the knees, because the next day I could barely walk. I was going to see a doctor but it stopped hurting after a couple of days. Fast forward a little, and the calf in my left leg started to hurt to the point that walking hurt. That pain went away within a couple of days; fast forward to now and the pain is back, worst then before. It feels like a constant cramping, constricting pain in my left calf, on the muscle facing outward, the back and the inner part doesn't hurt, also for some reason, there seems to be numbness. When I touch the muscle or the top of my feet or my toes, theres a weird sensation that I can only describe as numbing. I can't stand up and walk that far until the pain in my leg over takes me and I have to sit down, and even when I sit down the pain is still there, I have to wait a while for it to go away. When I stand in one place, sometimes I feel a tingling in my foot and the muscle area that cramps up, the feeling is like when your leg falls asleep. I went to the doctor, but he gave me some  pills to take, and told me its a calf strain, and I should come back in 10 days if the problem persists and he'll run tests. The thing is, the problem had happened before, but went away, now its back, I'm worried in the 10 days, the condition could get worst. Has anyone experienced these symptoms or know whats causing it. I read up on calf strains, but never ran across anything about numbness and "pins and needle" feeling. Please help, I'm a college student, and I walk at least a mile a day, this pain is killing me!
i have had the same problem, i injured my knee boxing and went to my doctor and was told to loose weight??  i am 5"7' and at the time weighed 145...i exercised a lot, so i have a lot of muscle mass!!  hardly obese!  i ignored the knee pain it got better in time then i started having calf pain and numbness and pain in my foot and lower back.  I went to another dr and he ordered a mri of my back and found nothing wrong.  Sent me to Podiatry he made me orthotics-no relief  i changed my exercise habits, but i know what you are saying with the pain.  i can't even ride a stationary bike the pain is too great.  i have been dealing with this for 5 years.  Last month i was at work and it felt as though somebody took a knife to my knee and i fell to the ground.  i went my doctor and expained what happened he wanted to go back to the orignal injury i explained what the other doc told me and he reassured me that i am not fat and it was in fact a knee injury.  He ordered a MRI for my knee and sent me to a surgeon.  He felt that i have a meniscus tear as well as an ACL injury.  this would account for all my pain.  in my back, foot,calf and knee.  For years i have been unable to walk long distances, sit in a chair, use a clutch,etc....i am so happy that i finally have a dx that i can at least see repair.  So see your doctor and ask for a MRI of the knee to rule out any tendon or ligament injury to you knee, i would hate for you to deal with what i have been dealing with for years.  i will only get worse as you get older.