Crippling Pain
Iam a male, 42 years old. I had been diagonised AS little over 2 years ago. Iam having restricted neck movements and an inflamed back. It all started with low back pain few years ago. Now my on the verge of quitting my job.Just can't do any work at all due to incessant pains. My wife has been very helpfull. She gives me moist heat massage all the time. But honestly Iam tired and lost all confidence in life. My doc has been giving me NSAIDS..Feldene, Indocid etc. A rheumotogits recommened Remicade Injection. Its an expensive affair.....US$ 2500 one shot and 12 shots are required to arrest the inflamations. Can't ignore the side effects. No way I will go for it. I have been started on Methotraxate. Been 4 weeks, but don;t seem any improvemet. Are there any other alternative treatment for this crippling pain.    
It seems you have a Dr who will not or cannot prescribe the kind of meds you need for relief. I would advise you get another opinion on treatment and a Dr who will try opioids before you quit your job. Have you tried trigger points epidurals and the such? If it were me I would seek another Dr's opinion on treatment and treatments available to you before you do something like quitting your job. I wish I could be of more help, good luck and I hope you do find some relief.