Cronic Migraines
Does anyone know of a good neurologist or pain management doctor that treats chronic migraines for patients with Medicare/Disability? I am new to Pensacola, Florida and have seen 3 neurologist and end up in the ER 2 to 5 times a month because no one with prescribe the medications I must have to minimize my migraines. I have had them since I was 12 years old.
Hi!
I am sorry you are suffering so much. Please go through your policy. You will get an emailed or a phone number you can contact. You could ask them where the MEDICAID office in your area is or maybe an agent who can help you out. You could also ask your friends and professional contacts regarding this information. From this agent or office, you can get a list of doctors who can help you out. Alternatively you could look up yellow pages or ask around or ask the neurologist you have seen.
Chronic migraine is a type of chronic daily headache. If you can identify a trigger then avoiding it can lessen the frequency and severity of headache. Any neurologist should be able to prescribe medications for the headache. If the headache is daily then you will need to find the cause with the help of a neurologist. If it is episodic, then you can be prescribed something to overcome the episode. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Can I ask if you are male or female and your age?

Just curious as I was 10 when mine started happening. It first started with Chronic headaches, then aura, then cluster than they called them complicated migraines.

I have Endometriosis and was put on the pill to elevate the pain as well as stop my periods and it was like night and day for me I have not had one in 7 yrs since being on the pill. However my sister can't take the pill becuase it gives her migraines but she has thyroid issues.

It is possible it could be hormonal. Just throwing it out there :) If you are a make it still could be hormone related as well.

None of the migraine meds worked for me and I had to be hospitalized every time