Pain Management Community
Cutting In Half

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Cutting In Half

Isn't Opana Time Released?  I know you're the doctor, but I don't think you should inform people to cut their medications in half, ESPECIALLY if they're time released as this could cause a rapid release of all the medication in turn making her more sick, or am I wrong?

This discussion is related to New Medication - Side Effects.
Hi Joshua,

Was your post moved to this forum, the Pain Management Forum? There are no physicians here.

Opana comes in both extended release form and immediate release. So cutting an immediate release Opana if directed by your physician would cause so ill effects. You are correct that cutting an extended release medication is never advisable and could have dangerous results. The key is knowing the difference and again following your physicians directives.

I hope this explanation was helpful.

Best of luck to you,
Tuck
Yes tuck, it was automatically moved here :(  i was replying to the post in the link because a doctor on the forum advised the patient to cut the Opana in half
Joshua,

You're always welcome here.

Tuck